Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009- The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini


I started this novel in Jan 09. I was a little behind as everyone else I know has already read it and told me how amazing it was. So it was time to try it for myself.

I loved this story, it was packed full of imagery without attempting to make the reader feel like they could never relate. This happens to be my most despised attribute of current fiction. This is truly a tale that takes you in and never lets go. I often think about re-reading it just to get a better understanding, but I can't bring myself to go through it again. It was so captivating that I used it as a standard that I compared many other books to. Hard to believe that this was the first novel by Mr. Hosseini, it the depth that authors can only hope to achieve in their careers.

The story is of a young boy who is trying to move past the memories of a horrifying childhood memory while attempting at a closer father/son relationship. Set in Afghanistan, and later California it seamlessly blends the two world together to show how life can move forward after struggles and hardship.

4.5/5 Stars

Would I re-read again? Maybe. Would I recommend this to a friend? Most certainly.
Go read "The Kite Runner"

No comments:

Post a Comment